The Contractor, as part of the work of this section, shall coordinate, receive, connect and place into operation all equipment. The Contractor shall furnish all conduit, wire, connectors, hardware, pipe, fittings, and other incidental items necessary for the complete and properly functioning electrical outputs as described herein and shown on the plans.
The Contractor shall coordinate the mounting of the utility boxes among all associated trades.
Provide complete assembly for electrical power, telephone, data, air, water and drain in a concrete tight, water tight, non-corrosive enclosure suitable for flush floor installation in high vehicular traffic areas with very high concentrated loads.
1.02 MANUFACTURER’S SERVICES
- Shop drawings shall be submitted for approval within 30 days after receipt of purchase order. No fabrication of equipment is to proceed prior to approval of these drawings. Submittal package shall contain six (6) sets of the following:
- Cover Sheet.
- Complete Bill of Materials.
- Catalog Cut Sheets.
- Shop Drawings detailing all mechanical and electrical equipment including internal wiring, and physical dimensions. Include all hardware items supplied for electrical, air, water, and drainage.
- Shop drawings shall be submitted from standard product drawings modified for the specific project application only, such as name plates, electrical distribution, and plumbing. One manufacturer shall be responsible for the complete Utility Box from standard frames, trims, covers and enclosures plus custom internal devices.
1.03 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Manufacturer’s utilities boxes must include UL Listing (AUUZ) and IAPMO (PS 114) for a complete assembly.
- Equipment specified herein shall be the coordinated product of a single manufacturer. All trims, frames, covers, enclosures, electrical, plumbing and cabinet fabrication must take place by one single manufacturer.
- Manufacturer shall supply full testing documentation required by the specifying engineer for structural, electrical, and plumbing. Boxes shall be certified and stamped by a structural engineer and include all test results based on loads.
- All floor boxes must be manufactured and installed in such a manner to allow the floor box device plates to be removed from the floor and replaced without having to saw-cut concrete.
All equipment shall be warranted free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of eighteen (18) months from date of shipment or one year from date of installation, whichever occurs first.
Box shall be the standard product of a company regularly engaged in the manufacture of combined utility boxes. Contents of the box may be customized to suit, subject to limitations of box dimensions codes. Boxes shall be manufactured by Combined Utilities Box Systems (805/532-1776), 5325 North Commerce Ave., #4, Moorpark, CA 93021-1643. Only one manufacturer known to specifying agency.